- Friday, Sept. 21, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 28, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
Interpreted & Described Performance
*Talk Back Discussion
- Thursday, October 4, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 5, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6, 2012, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 7, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 14, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
- *The "Talk Back" begins after the performance. Discussions are free of charge, and one need not attend that day's performance to participate.
Responsible for launching Barbra Streisand into stardom, Funny Girl is a semi-biographical story, which follows the career of Broadway and film star Fanny Brice, and her rocky relationship with entrepreneur and gambler Nick Arnstein.
Fanny wants to be a Broadway star, though she doesn’t fit the typical image of beauty. Despite her mother’s attempts to dissuade her from show business, Fanny perseveres and eventually lands a leading role in The Ziegfield Follies.
Enter Nick Arnstein, a sophisticated handsome gambler. Fanny falls in love and chases after Nick, determined to convince him to tie the knot. Marriage and a daughter follow, but happiness eludes them, for as Fanny’s Broadway star rises, Nick’s luck fades away. Starring New York guest artist, Isabelle Decauwert as Fanny Brice, and well-known Hawaii entertainer, Shari Lynn as her mother Rose. Funny Girl features a repertoire of hits songs, like “People” and “Don’t Rain on My Parade”.
Sheraton Waikiki Resort
C. S. Wo & Sons, Ltd.
Sept. 21 – October 14, 2012
Musical Direction by
Emmett G. Yoshioka
From an original story by